You can easily borrow money using your marketable securities held at Washington Trust or another financial institution as collateral.
This flexibility provides you with liquidity without disrupting your portfolio’s investment strategy. You will continue to receive dividends, interest, and any capital appreciation that may accrue in the account with this unique program.
A Securities-Based Loan* allows pledged securities such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds or Treasury bills to act as collateral for borrowed funds to:
- Manage cash flow without liquidating assets
- Cover near-term expenditures or major purchases
- Mitigate tax consequences of asset sales
- Take advantage of investment opportunities
- Address cash-flow needs
- Meet goals associated with charitable giving, education costs
Washington Trust's Private Clients Group is ready to help you effectively manage your finances with a complete range of products and services.
Contact a Trusted Advisor